question

vulture avatar image
vulture asked

Cerbo GX VE.Direct ports not working

I recently got a new Cerbo GX and am running v3.20~35. However, the ve.direct ports do not seem to work, using multiple branded victron cables. They do not recognize either my two MPPTs or my BMV-712, even after rebooting everthing. However, the ve.direct ports on my devices work fine, because the cerbo recognizes them when using ve.direct <> USB cables. So it seems like the issue is the cerbo. There are no bent pins, and all three ports don't seem to work. Is there anything software-side that could have disabled them? Or anything else I should try before declaring the cerbo defective?

cerbo gxVE.Direct
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Probably the unit. Dealer job, sorry.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Jason - UK avatar image
Jason - UK answered ·

@vulture When did you find out the VE.Direct ports are not working? I only ask as my Multiplus II 5kva GX unit, the VE.direct ports randomly decided yesterday or today the VE.Direct ports stopped working. Unplugged both and got one working very quickly but the onboard VE.Direct port wont work. Mine had been working without issue since I started using it until in the last 24h. Is there a y2k24 bug out there? Joking aside, I have no idea how to get my 2nd VE.Direct port to start working again.

2 |3000

ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

Worth reverting to the latest stable release v3.13 and not the release candidate?

2 |3000

Mario Navarro avatar image
Mario Navarro answered ·

Same with my VE.Direct ports. I want to connect a microcontroller to read serial DATA, but they seems dead: No voltage on VCC and no changes on TX or RX ports, what would be a sign of life. Same in the three. And cannot see any option in the remote console or manual.

Any idea??

2 |3000