question

sailordavid1969 avatar image
sailordavid1969 asked

Cerbo GX to Solar MMPT, Smart Shunt, and 2 Phoenix 50 amp SmartChargers

Hi, I have 4 Solar MMPT controllers, 1 Bluetooth Smart Shunt, 2 Phoenix 50 AMP Chargers and just pruchased a Cerbo GX-S for my Boat. I am trying to figure how to best connect all these devices together. I was planning the following:

- Daisy Chain with Ethernet cables the Solar MMPT into the VE Can port terminating in the Cerbo VE Can port

- VE Direct Cable from Smart Shunt to Cerbo GX-S

- VE Direct cable from each Phoenix Charger to Gerbo GX-S

I would then use up all 3 VE direct ports and the Can Bus port on the Cerbo.

Does this seem correct?

It looks like another potion for the MMPT is USB from each unit to a Hub and then run the Hub to the Cerbo GX-S but that seems like more cables and points of failure.

Thanks

Dave

cerbo gxSmartShuntpheonixmmpt
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @sailordavid1969

Sounds ok. I'm surprised though that all your mppts have CAN ports, as that's usually applicable to the larger units, as it's a more expensive protocol to manufacture. Don't forget the CAN terminator plugs.

If you actually need (now or future) a usb hub, use a quality, externally powered hub.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.