question

a-clinton avatar image
a-clinton asked

Smart Shunt not giving correct readings .

Hello, please can anyone help me out with my smart shunt keeps giving low readings when batteries are been charged by the charge controller. From the Color control i see a lesser amount of power going into the battery bank compared to what the panels are producing. I have an AC couple system made up of Huawie 20k string inverter, 3 Quattro 8k each , a 450/200 charge controller , energy meter, lead acid battery bank with a smart shunt connected to it.

All ideas are welcome

SmartShunt
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

Where is the negative wire from the charge controller connected. It should be connected to the load/system side of the shunt, it must not be connected to the battery negative.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

a-clinton avatar image a-clinton commented ·

@pwfarnell the cabling from the charge controller to the smart shunt has been correctly checked and properly fixed before commissioning of system. Its kind of strange and am still trying to come up with something. Will be attaching a screenshot now

this is a current reading from my end. Check image carefully

screenshot-27.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1704044451948.png (64.0 KiB)
pwfarnell avatar image pwfarnell a-clinton commented ·

In the image above you have approx 6.1kW power output and 6.6kW power input, that is 92% efficiency, peak efficiency will be 95% therefore the numbers in the image seem reasonable. It is hard to tell if there is an issue with the shunt or not in that data.

0 Likes 0 ·