question

cyrusllc avatar image
cyrusllc asked

Multiplus K1, & K2 relays not contacting when triggerd

This has me stumped. I have a multiplus 24/3000/70updated and a Cerbo-S Gx, both updated to the latest firmware.

• The cerbo has the Large Venous OS installed, Gui mods and Node-red are active and operational.
  • Relays 1 and 2 are both in manual and displayed on the overview.
  • I get continuity between the Common and NC contact.
  • I can trigger either relay and according to the HMI the appropriate relay turns on and off.
  • When I trigger either relay I hear the relay contact click, no mistake.

But here it is Neither of the relays actually close in the NO contact. I'm now at wits end on what might be wrong.

multiplus ve.busRelay
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
prein avatar image
prein answered ·

As far as I know it is impossible to manual Change the multiplus relay. So it must be the cerbo relay you hear?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

cyrusllc avatar image cyrusllc commented ·

My bad, RFM Don. You are probably correct. I havr to go to my camper and check but you are very probably correct. I forgot that the S-gx has 2 relays.

So how does one access the multi plus relays that are supposed to be programmable?

Ive gone through the multiplus manuals and doc's. it talks about the relay's being programmable. And I'm in the windows victron connect app and do not see how to access and configure the relays?

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

To configure the relays of the MultiPlus you need to use VE.config and the "programmable relay" assistant.

2 |3000

cyrusllc avatar image
cyrusllc answered ·

So one can not program the multiplus relays with the latest version of VictronConnect? OK Thanks.

• Next question is can the multiplus relays be programmed to be available for status and control on the VEbus?
  • At the monument the solution is to wire the battery heater circuit to the Cerbo S.
  • Possibly move the temp sensor to the Cerbo from the Multi. then the temp sensor should appear on the cerbo Gui.

In node-red I was expecting to see a node for the Multiplus and labeled as such. Instead the multi status and control parameters are considered on the VEbus system node. That is where I finally saw the temp sensor wired to the Multi. Now I can wire the battery compartment heater to the cerbo and not the multi, problem solved.

Thanks for the help. I can't wait to move to creating a real custom dashboard in node red.

2 |3000

cyrusllc avatar image
cyrusllc answered ·

HI thanks for all the help.This is the space I'm installing the electrical system into. I have now wrapped my head around the Victron echo system. Still a lot to familiarize myself with. So far I love Node-red, I'm a retired controls system Engineer. I've Designed, integrated and programed manufacturing, Industrial systems and created numerous HMI's. I was steeped integrating Modbus devices and later the DNP protocoll for transmission System SCADA and relay protection systems. In 1985 I built my 1st PC by reading Peter Norton's Inside the IBM PC picking up a copy of Computer Shopper. calling and buying computer components. this is at the time of 2400 baud modems and Industrial and automation & control software like Wonderware.

Nice to get back on the horse again. Kind of in my blood.

img-20231019-175246400.jpg img-20231121-180900652.jpg

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic