question

pmikep avatar image
pmikep asked

Can no longer save (or load) .vcfs file in VictronConnect 5.101 (Windows 10)

I updated VictronConnect today to v5.101. When I clicked "Save" to save the configuration of my Mulitplus II in WIndows, the screen flickered. But the file wasn't saved.

When I tried to restore/load a previously saved .vcfs file, same thing. The screen flickered. But no restore.

Prior to this version of VictronConnect, the save/load worked.

Just me? Or anyone else observe this behavior?

VictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
pmikep avatar image
pmikep answered ·

VictronConnect 5.102 fixed it. (My MP II was a 120 V unit, BTW.)

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Thanks for reporting this.

We identified an issue and fixed it in v5.102 as you have already noticed.

0 Likes 0 ·
jperez (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
jperez (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

We tried to reproduce the problem here and it just works as expected. Which MultiPlus-II model are you using?

1 comment
2 |3000

pmikep avatar image pmikep commented ·

I mistakenly clicked on "Answer" instead of Comment. (See below.) So I hope that you'll see my additional data for troubleshooting this problem.

0 Likes 0 ·
pmikep avatar image
pmikep answered ·

MultiPlus II 24/3000/70 latest firmware as of VC 5.101.

I was able to save a configuration file on my laptop from my old Multiplus I before I swapped in the MP II. And I was able to import that configuration file after I installed the MP II. (Although the MPII wouldn't accept the configuration file for import.)

So it seemed to me that the problem was following the recent update to VictronConnect.

But since you tell me that you all can't reproduce the problem, maybe it's a Windows thing (after an update from MS, for example)? So I'll try again using my Win 8.1 desktop and report back.

Thanks.

2 |3000

pmikep avatar image
pmikep answered ·

Okay, I tried to export/save a configuration on my recently installed MultiPlus II to my Win8.1 Desktop. I still cannot save a configuration. This is with the old VictronConnect 5.99. So that didn't change.

Windows 8.1 hasn't changed. (I opened VC in Admin user too. No Change.)

The only thing that's changed in this experiment is the firmware in the Multiplus. (Although I didn't try saving the configuration before with the previous firmware.) I am on firmware v508 now.

I can communicate with the MP II. I can see and I can make change to its settings/values. It is just that I cannot save (or import) a configuration file.

Is it possible that I have a faulty Multiplus II?

1 comment
2 |3000

pmikep avatar image pmikep commented ·

More data: I took the same laptop and connected - through the same MK3 Interface - to an older Multiplus I that I have here. I can save and restore a configuration file in that system. (Firmware was v502. Now v508.)

So the problem seems to be following my new Multiplus II on firmware 5.08. Or the Ethernet cable connected to it.

(I changed the Ethernet cable. No change.)

Could I have "confused" my Mulitplus II when I tried to restore to it a configuation file from my Multiplus I? Is there a way to perform a "hard reset" that clears any past errors/flags?

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources