question

Matthias Pallhuber avatar image
Matthias Pallhuber asked

Position Inverter

Hello,

I have added 2 inverters with the help of this plugin. https://github.com/mr-manuel/venus-os_dbus-mqtt-pv

Works pretty good. One of the inverter is before the multiplus setup the other is behind. Therefore I used the different positions available in the config file:

1 = AC output
2 = AC input 2

What i can see is that the statistics like total Energy a day looks correct. Only for the visualisation of power i can only see the Inverter behind multiplus.

Is there a way to show two different boxes in VRM like this?

1703323579829.png

multiple inverters
1703323579829.png (93.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Jason - UK avatar image
Jason - UK answered ·

@Matthias Pallhuber you will need a measurement point on your grid supply, so the Multiplus can calculate the difference between grid supply and the Multiplus, then add any PV generation between. Any PV generation after the Multiplus is then a calculation of the difference between AC-In, inverter generation (or charger consumption) and PV generation.

Do you have a schematic of your system?

5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Pallhuber avatar image Matthias Pallhuber commented ·

1703339158715.png

Here it is. I would have a kostal KSEM meter at the grid point. I have not yet integrated it into cerbo. Are you suggesting to have it integrated through a plug in an then the cerbo will do the calculation automatically. Would I then also get an additional box showing the inverter inside and outside the multiplus?

0 Likes 0 ·
1703339158715.png (97.4 KiB)
Jason - UK avatar image Jason - UK Matthias Pallhuber commented ·
@Matthias Pallhuber Correct, albeit most people use approved grid meters like he ET112 as this has a RS485 output which Victron support with their RS485 to USB adaptor.
1 Like 1 ·
Matthias Pallhuber avatar image Matthias Pallhuber Jason - UK commented ·

I have added now a grid meter. It shows up correct.

1703769924195.png

I changed the grid metering to external and I get a new box with AC loads on the left side. I would have expected to see the PV inverter.

28-12-2023-14-22-18.png

this is how the device list looks like:

1703770122154.png

Any further idea? The AC Loads is a bit strange. Its also only showing up loads on one phase?

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Pallhuber avatar image Matthias Pallhuber Matthias Pallhuber commented ·

ok. I changed the PV inverter position to 0 instead of 2. now it looks like this. Total solar is fine now but why do i still have the AC loads?

28-12-2023-14-37-24.png

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Pallhuber avatar image Matthias Pallhuber Matthias Pallhuber commented ·
Its working now. Was due to a mix of phases.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic