miguelfer avatar image
miguelfer asked

Multiplus II + MPTT 450/100 + generator not working together

Hello, this is my instalation, it is isolated from the grid:

MultiPlus-II 48/8000/110-100

MPTT 450/100

Cerbo GX

3 Lifepos Batteries (Tensite L5000) with BMS

These winter days I was running low on batteries so I tried to charge them with a gasoline generator (+- 3000W), conected of course to the Multi Input AC LINE 1.

Once you understand you need to give tsome charge to the generator some charge before yo connect to the Multi for the signal synchronization, I finally managed to charge the batteries at 1500W.

What I found was, I can only do this if a disconect the Multi from the Cerbo, if I keep the Multi coneccted, I can never synchronize the generator with the Multi, it is like the Multi refuses the generator.

I also found MPTT goes to idle (maybe because there is no comunication from the Multi), so I can´t use PV and generator at the same time.

Somebody has been in the same situation? How do you solve it?

For me, the ideal solution would be one where I can use the generator with all the devices connected to the cerbo and the PV and the generator could charge the batteries together or supply energy to the house.

Thanks for the help

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerGenerator
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@Miguelfer

How is the system programmed?

Are the batteries connected to the Cerbo via CAN?

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
miguelfer avatar image
miguelfer answered ·

Yes they are @Alexandra . I dont know if it is something related with the DVCC but i dont find anything in the manuals.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

Are they all programmed to the same voltages?

To eliminate DVCC as the problem in DVCC you can remove BMS control. Then on the MPPT do the same.

0 Likes 0 ·