question

nocheski avatar image
nocheski asked

phoenix inverter smart 1600va: overload & humming noises

Your browser does not support HTML5 video.
i must admit am in love with the new Phoenix inverter smart design,But i sincerely dont think its as durable as the former .I have successfully installed 2 of the 1600va models. one stopped working after an hour and the overload light has forever been on,even though its been restarted severally.the other one still works but there is annoying humming noise even when there is no load on the inverter . What could be the cause ?It looks as if this model is not as durable as the previous ones. has anybody had a similar experience? Is the phoenix inverter smart repairable at all? @Johannes Boonstra

Phoenix Inverter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @nocheski

yes these units are repairable, did your dealer replace the broken unit already? if the other unit makes much less noise, there might be an issue indeed.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Stephen Roche avatar image
Stephen Roche answered ·

Hi,

I've experienced a similar issue with a Phoenix Inverter Smart 12/1600. The device works absolutely fine when in normal mode, but when I switch to Eco mode, the red Overload light comes on and after a short period it disables. I can restart it, but same issue.

On my AC side I have the output going into a small garage type consumer unit, and when this units main fuse it switched off, the device still behaves the same - so where is the overload coming from?

Anyone else had an issue with the Eco mode?

Steve...

2 |3000