question

deunan avatar image
deunan asked

Multiplus 2 in charging mode, ac-in fluctuation

Hello,

i have set my MP2 to limit ac-in to 15A, charger enabled to 5A and made a couple of assistants to ignore ac-in but when aux1 is closed ac-in is not anymore ignored and when aux2 is closed charger is set to 60A.

So i expected this behaviour: when aux 1 is closed, all the loads are supported by the MP2 with ac-in and the battery gets charged around 200/250W, if aux2 is closed to, the battery gets charged around 3000W. But that not happens.

When aux1 is closed, ac-in kicks in, cover the loads but the battery gets charged max 70W. When aux2 is closed the ac-in power fluctuate a lot in cicles. it cover the loads, ramps up to max, stay there a second or two, then lower down to cover the load and the cycle repeats. It's not just some wrong readings. The BMS reports the same behaviour, it's a jk-bms connected via CAN

I have no idea why it's making a such thing or if it's a normal behaviour. All is updated at the newest firmware.

Can someone point me in the right direction to debug this?

Thanks.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerLithium BatteryRelayac ignore
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Michelle Konzack avatar image
Michelle Konzack answered ·

The devil is here

MP2 to limit ac-in to 15A, charger enabled to 5A

becsuse the 15A is AC, but the 5A is DC.

I assume you have the MultiPlus-II 12/3000 right?

70 Watt divided by 5A is 14V,... Oop!

Simply set the charging current to the maximum and have fun!

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

deunan avatar image deunan commented ·
Nope, it's the 48/5000
0 Likes 0 ·