question

Jim Ryan avatar image
Jim Ryan asked

Using Victron Connect with Apple MACBook Pro and OS 12.6 Monterey

Dear Community.....and yes you Guy Stewart,
What is the status of Victron Connect vis-a-vis connecting with an Apple MACBook Pro with OS Monterey 12.6?
Judging from reading the many comments and questions from Apple users, mostly from years past, with no resolution, it seems that there is little or no action or intention by Victron to address the 'Apple Community's' needs. Is that correct? Or if there is development work to enable Apple products and OS's to function, please let me know.
What is the latest news???
Thx,
Jim Ryan

VictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Albert de Jongh avatar image
Albert de Jongh answered ·

VictronConnect runs fine on my MacBook Pro, with Sonoma (14.2). Do you want to be able to run on an older MacOS version, or what is the question?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

regman54 avatar image
regman54 answered ·

VConnect is working perfectly fine on my mid-2015 15" MacBook Pro running Monterey v12.7.2. Try updating MacOS to its latest version if you can. If you can't that may be the problem or the version of Connect you are trying to install. The latest version of Connect for this mac is v5.99.

FWIW Connect is also working just fine on my MBAir with Sonoma.

Edit: I was just able to update Connect on my MBPro to v5.100

2 |3000

Jim Ryan avatar image
Jim Ryan answered ·

Thank you for your comments fellows.
To be clear.....I am NOT an Apple person, and until recently I did not know the difference between the Monterey 12.6 OS and the Sonoma (14.2), though I suspected the 14.2 is simply a newer version of the OS as compared to the 12.6.
As per your suggestions, I will ask my client to update to Monterey 12.7 and then load the most recent, compatible Connect version.
Based upon your very helpful guidance I expect that will solve the problem.
Thank you again fellows!!!
Jim

2 |3000

Related Resources