question

65nw avatar image
65nw asked

Dissimilar ve.bus inverters on one cerbo. Errors 25, 3, 10

As a continuation of my post https://community.victronenergy.com/answers/244945/view.html

I have a new issue with the quattro 10k and the multiplus 3k even seeing each other on the ve.bus.

Situation:

I have found that the idle power consumption for my quattro, specified at 60w is more like 95 to 105w (according to the smart shunt, when I turn off the quattro). This is 2.4kwh per day to have the inverter on, which is roughly my yield on a clear day near the solstice (2.5hrs of sun).

I added a MP II 3k as the primary winter time inverter, but still need the quattro for charging.

The ac outputs are not connected, they are not in parallel operation, nor could they be.

When they are connected on the same ve.bus to the cerbo they both throw a fit, shut off, flash lights and I get the error 25, 10 and 3 codes on the cerbo screen.

Can they be deconflicted or am I hosed on having them on the same ve.bus/cerbo?

What if I had them powering separate ac circuits for example?

Cerbo GX: V3.13

Multiplus ii, V506

Quattro, V506

All showing latest version

Multiplus-IIMultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerVE.Bus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

Answers in the linked thread.

Basically, you can not connect 2 inverters like you have, you can connect through a mk3 to USB dongle for monitoring only.

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/227178/how-connect-two-different-multiplus-to-one-cerbogx.html

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

2 |3000

65nw avatar image
65nw answered ·

Had I known what now I know... I would have just got 3 or 4 multiplus II's

Ah well.

Will be using the quattro as a stand alone charger for now.

1 comment
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

There is quite a lot of information out there for three phase and parallel and free training on Victron professional. And you tube on the official Victron page.

0 Likes 0 ·