question

gavin dobbins avatar image
gavin dobbins asked

Multiplus ii only using grid not batteries??

Hi I have a multiplus 2 , cerbo gx , et112 , with 2 x us5000 pylontech batteries connected it charges the batteries no problem to 100% and uses the scheduled charge for overnight tariff but for some reason it will not use the batteries for loads only to power the cerbo gx ? If I change the grid metering to external meter it then discharges all my batteries back to the grid for some reason but still doesn't use the batteries for AC loads it still uses the grid while it's doing this ? All the items are fully up to date with firmwares ESS has been configured via remote VE config I must be missing some setting somewhere and it's driving me crazy please someone help img-20231208-161330.jpgimg-20231208-160541.jpgimg-20231208-161315.jpg

Self consumption from battery if on critical loads only it will stop discharging the batteries to the grid but still doesn't use any batteries for AC loads

I have only used the AC IN terminal on the multiplus as I don't want to use it for a ups system just ess

Multiplus-IIcerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
netrange avatar image
netrange answered ·

Only Critical Loads !!! You dont have anyhing connected to ACOut ... Change to "all loads"...

And change your setting ESS/ACOut to "Not in use" ...

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

gavin dobbins avatar image
gavin dobbins answered ·

It's already on all loads I just changed it to critical to stop the discharging to the grid

2 |3000

Jason - UK avatar image
Jason - UK answered ·

@gavin dobbins

Is the grid meter fitted the correct way wound?

Is the ET112 using the VE RS485 to USB adaptor and you are not using a USB hub?

What other devices do you have connected to your Victron equipment?

Do you have anything connected to AUX1 or AUX 2?

1 comment
2 |3000

gavin dobbins avatar image gavin dobbins commented ·

The et112 is connected with the genuine victron rs485 to usb to the cerbo gx in the correct usb port , seems to be reading the grid ok , no other devices connected I only have a multiplus 2 , cerbo gx , et112 and 2 pylontech us5000 batteries nothing connected to aux 1 or 2 img-20231202-113517.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
netrange avatar image
netrange answered ·

Again: Deactivate the ESS setting Ac Output In use to "OFF" ... then "Critical loads" will no longer be displayed

After "scheduled loading", the system returns to normal ESS mode ... and tries to keep your meter at 0.
Or do you prefer an emergency power option with the system and no 0 Regulation?

2 |3000