question

bradr avatar image
bradr asked

Can Multiplus be programmed with iOS?

Hello Victron World.

I have a new Multiplus 12/2000/80 and both my MacBooks operate on macOS 10.15. Everything I’ve read indicates that you must have macOS 10.2 to run the Victron Connect software for programming the Multiplus. I cannot upgrade the macOS on either of my MacBooks. Which prompts a couple of questions:

1). Can the iOS (iPad, iPhone) version of Victron Connect program the Multiplus yet?

2). If I have to breakdown and purchase a new MacBook (UGH!) does the MAC OS version of Victron Connect operate on macOS 14?

Additionally, does the #2 dip switch still have to be in the “ON” position for programming the Multiplus via the MK3-USB interface?

Thanks all.

VictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

Victron provides download links to older versions of VictronConnect that should run on your MacBook. Refer to section 4.6 in this document:

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/VictronConnect_Manual/8778-VictronConnect_manual-pdf-en.pdf?_ga=2.214501591.1583957945.1701917974-1268521401.1700274066

You can not use your iOS devices. The MK3 USB adapter needed to program the Multi directly won't work on iOS devices.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bradr avatar image
bradr answered ·

Thanks Kevin.

2 |3000

vward avatar image
vward answered ·

If you need VE configure, you can run windows on a macbook with Parallels, an emulator. This allows you to upload and download files to VE configure from you network, without connecting directly.

2 |3000

bradr avatar image
bradr answered ·

Thanks @VWard . Parallels is an option I’ll consider.

2 comments
2 |3000

lee-taylor avatar image lee-taylor commented ·
I am not a fan of emulation as its an extra layer between the usb and the cpu. I have a 2013 macbook pro which I have enabled bootcamp on and downloaded a copy of windows 10. I haven't bothered registering it so it limits the functionality but it will run VE Connect. You do need a fair bit of free disk space though.
1 Like 1 ·
vward avatar image vward lee-taylor commented ·
But you don't need to use the USB, you can use your network
0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

If you can create a config on a windows device, the mac/IOS device can use remote configure via the VRM portal to upload the file.

The trick is just having access to a windows system.

I remote desktop to a cloud-based windows system I have to use veconfigure, and then push it via my other devices.

Victron connect works quite well for parameter changes, it's just useless for assistants.

2 |3000

Related Resources