question

oliver-bauer avatar image
oliver-bauer asked

Victron Energy Meter VM-3P75CT

Hi folks, in the manual of the VM-3P75CT, for the grid measurement of a 3-phase installation there are also all three of the phases marked as directly connected to the meter, but the heavily recommended circuit breaker is only L1 and N (which makes sense, regarding the voltage supply for the meter only needed at L1 as also stated in the manual). In conclusion, if the phases L2 and L3 are also directly connected, there would be no disconnect for maintenance possible???

Are these direct connections to L2 and L3 really necessary or is that a misstep in the drawing?

Best regards

Olli

victron products
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
bruggie avatar image
bruggie answered ·

I have the same question regarding having to use a 3phase+n breaker like the MCN600 from Hager in case of a 3 phase installation in order to be able to do maintenance as is indicated in the manual.

I assumed the 3 phases all need to be connected to function as references, not just to deliver power on phase 1+n?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

stefan-jaeger avatar image
stefan-jaeger answered ·

All 3 phases l1-l3 are needed to do a corrent power calculation based on a real voltage measurement. If a switch or a fuse make sense on l2 and l2 I could not really say, but I would recommend them.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic