question

mmalfatti avatar image
mmalfatti asked

Quattro 8kva not switching to mains after generator restart

Hello, I have a question about an issue with a Quattro inverter.

I had the generator running and of course the inverter had switched to mains and was charging the batteries. Unfortunately the generator run out of fuel and stopped.

When restarting the generator a few minutes later, the Quattro would not switch to mains power. I could here the usual contactors clicking but no led went on, nor AC power was detected by the other components of the system (Cerbro for example).

I then switched the Quattro off and on again, and the AC was immediately detected and power switched to mains.

To further test, I disconnected the generator output breaker (mains power went off) and upon reconeccting the breaker, the same would happen and the Quattro wouldn’t switch to mains again.

I can’t find any information about there being a possible timer or protection for the inverter in case of an AC trip. Does anyone know if this is the case? Is this a known feature (or problem) of the Quattro? Or is it maybe a fault somewhere else?

Thank you very much for your support.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerGeneratorinput current
4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@mmalfatti

Is your generator in ac1 or AC2?

The quattro will always favor the AC1 (sorry typo it is the AC1 since it is used for black start) connection over ac2. If there is any kind of voltage there it will ignore AC2.

0 Likes 0 ·
mmalfatti avatar image mmalfatti Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Generator is on AC1. I have now excluded the protection timer function, since the inverter will switch to mains power in a totally random way, sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn’t, regardless of the time the generator has been off for. Very confusing
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ mmalfatti commented ·
@mmalfatti

Edited my previous reply.

Check your voltage from grid and see if it is out of accepted range?

0 Likes 0 ·
mmalfatti avatar image mmalfatti Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Thanks for the further info. I did not mention it, but the generator is the only AC input since the system is off grid.

I tried with the DVCC off and it accepts the input, turns mains on, but obviously trips the breaker of the generator, which is max 32A.

So I have to keep DVCC on and input current limited to 30A, for some reason this seems to be causing the fault.

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers