question

rsoen avatar image
rsoen asked

Smart battery sensor problem

img-7534.pngHI, suddenly my Smart battery sensor starts to give a grey value sometimes. Worked fine for months. Recently I installed the Smartshunt and begin to see this behavior. I am using VE smart networking out the smart-ip22 and the Smart battery both communicate the voltage on the network. Could this be the problem? Any thoughts?

Smart Battery Sense
img-7534.png (107.5 KiB)
img-7535.png (80.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi @rsoen

Such a grey block in the trends is normally a signal that the product has been unexpectedly power cycled. So I can imagine that this happened when the SmartShunt was installed. If you see this multiple time in the trends or at other moments in the trends, then can you please create a Service Report after connecting to the Smart Battery Sense and post that service report here in a comment/reply with some extra information on when the SmartBatterySense might have lost its power? The procedure to create a service report is given here: https://ve3.nl/VictronConnect_How-to-create-a-VictronConnect-Service-Report

With kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rsoen avatar image
rsoen answered ·

Thank you for your answer. I will check the trend more often to see if it happends again.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Smart Battery Sense Product Page

Smart Battery Sense Manual