question

lucca371 avatar image
lucca371 asked

When does the MPPT solarcharger support the Node Red relay output node for the solar charger?

The relay output node in NodeRed supported the relay in the MPPT solarcharger. Unfortunately, Victron wrotes in the 2020 documentation that this feature will be implemented later. But there is no change in the MPPT firmware to support this.
It is confusing for users that support is available in node red, but the solarcharger does not respond to it. Unfortunately, the Cerbo does not have a relay that supports 230V AC, but some MPPT's do.
1701095389209.png

MPPT ControllersNode-REDRelay
1701095389209.png (4.9 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@lucca371

I think you might find because there are so many other ways to switch a 230v load, like the Shelley switches to name one. On top of all the other bigger features and products rolling out, this may be on the back burner. The Dev team and staff is not huge in numbers at Victron.

PS one of the guidelines for the use of the forum is to not ask when x your z will be released.

Not the reply you want, I know. It would be very convenient to be able to do.

2 comments
2 |3000

lucca371 avatar image lucca371 commented ·

Yes, it would be very convenient to be able to do. I can also use a 48V Relay over Cerbo...
But if node red output node solarcharger relay control doesn't work, why victron build it into NodeRed?
Users try to use it and spend a long time trying to figure out why it doesn't work.

Victron wrote in 2020 that it would come later.

0 Likes 0 ·
frankmsc68 avatar image frankmsc68 commented ·
Hi there,surely it would be greatly appreciated by the community to have the axcess solar finally switched by an additional relay-board which is controlled by the inverter?At least for newer machines or for the Multi RS Solar,which doesn't yet support grid feed-in.This is a vital function of an (mainly) off grid applications.I'm not criticizing only wishing for additional functions,where possible,while i'm heavily thinking of buying the Multi RS Solar!Thanks Frank
0 Likes 0 ·
aaron-h-martin avatar image
aaron-h-martin answered ·

Will just add my two cents. I also built up the hardware thinking i can control MTTP relay with Node Red but then couldn't get it to work. Spent a lot of time playing and testing, until i finally found these threads.

Maybe if enough people complain they will remove it from the back burner.

2 |3000