question

ako avatar image
ako asked

Shunt Temperature Sensor Cable conection

I am installing larger batteries and the new position for them is just bejond the length of the Smart Shuts temperature cable , although only about 20cm short i dont want to extend it but the Busbar are within reach , the Shunt itself runs from the negative Busbar but can i use the Positive for the Temperature cable feeding it or does it have to be connected to the positive on the actual batteries . I need the temperature sensor for temperature compensation so its important that it works

SmartShunt
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

The voltage sensing would probably be OK on the busbar but the temperature sensor certainly will not as the busbar temperature will vary with air temperature much faster and may warm up at high current draw. Therefore, extend the wires a short distance, this will not affect the readings if you use the same thickness or thicker wire.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@AKO

Yes you can. Side note it is not supported and not encouraged. In the table the lowest box is.... modifying cable length? @pwfarnell has some good points.

See note 3 in the temperature sensor manual.

2 |3000

ako avatar image
ako answered ·

Thank you both , will extend it the 20cm nescersary so that it reaches the batteries then ..

2 |3000