question

thomas-k-1 avatar image
thomas-k-1 asked

AC-Input/Grid live data not visible in VRM portal

Hi,

since approximately 2-3 weeks i can't see the live data from Grid/AC-Input in VRM portal. All other values are displayed normally as always. I've tried various firmware versions on my CerboGX -> 3.11...3.12. No matter which firmware I run, I see no values in VRM portal. The language set doesn't matter either.

On my CerboGX Webinterface I see all values. Any ideas, any help?

cerbo-gx.jpg

CerboGX Firmware 3.12 CerboGX Firmware 3.11

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

@thomas_k_1 VRM is designed to work with victron components, built around a victron inverter.

You do not have one.

The documentation states that while you could use a meter to measure a third party inverter, this will not work as expected, because much of the functionality is built around the data the inverter collects and sends to the GX over the VE.BUS.

When VRM is updated and tested, it is not tested, nor will it consider unsupported non-victron configurations.

So if it happens to meet expectations today, that may change tomorrow, and there will be no commitment to fix it, because that is not what it is designed, nor intended for.

So you either have to accept this and use widgets, which do work, or get yourself a supported, Victron, inverter.

There is nothing further that anyone will be able to assist with.

Sorry.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @thomas_k_1,

There is quite a bit of discussion about this in this previous community thread here:

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/207257/vrm-bug-ac-load.html

The AC input and load data require a victron inverter to show correctly on the VRM dashboard.

There is also mention of this limitation in the energy meter FAQ - https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Energy_Meter_EM24_Ethernet/en/faq.html

The data should still be accurate in the advanced widgets if correctly assigned.

2 |3000

thomas-k-1 avatar image
thomas-k-1 answered ·

Hello Guy,

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Unfortunately this doesn't answer my question. My installation via the VRM portal has been running for 8 months without any problems. All vaues have been displayed so far. Currently I can also see all values for Grid in the advanced widgets. Just not on the dashboard.

advanced-widgets-1.jpg

advanced-widgets-2.jpg

My setup is as follows:

• CerboGX
  • EM24 Ethernet - Configured as grid meter
  • EM24 RS485 - Configured to measure my Growatt inverter

Absolutly no problem running this setup for many month. Then, 2-3 weeks before, there was a break and no value has been shown in VRM dashboard for AC-Input.

2 |3000