question

stwspoon avatar image
stwspoon asked

Phoenix 12/1200 inverter manual confusion over mounting choices

I just received my Phoenix 12/1200 inverter and reading through the manual I found a contradiction. In the English section on page 2, Section 3, Installation; mounting the inverter there are 5 choices. Two choices are “not recommended”.

1) upside down on ceiling

4) vertical wall mount with fan up.

I want to mount the inverter horizontally on a vertical surface (choice 5 which is marked OK)

But;

In page 2 of the Appendix there is a warning specifically to NOT mount the inverter horizontally on a wall, but mounting vertically on a wall is OK

So, what is the correct answer? I can also mount my inverter on top of a horizontal surface, but that is not optimal for my situation.

This is also true of the online manual from your website “ Version 00 June 15, 2017”

Thanks,

Stan

documentation
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Its best to mount it vertically as the natural air flow for cooling works better, ie Hot air rise's

if you mount it Horizontal then you will loose some natural cooling effect and the internal fan will work harder and longer. so a bit more power will be used to run that fan.

your call

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic