question

rrgrant avatar image
rrgrant asked

Cerbo GX - Inverter ACC relay wiring

I’ve searched for an answer to this but not found anything that specifically adresses it.

I was told that I can use my Cerbo GX relay to turn my Xantrex Freedom XC inverter on/off in the event of a power failure so the small heaters I have running on the boat in the winter don’t kill the batteries. According to the Inverter manual, there is only one wire (the ignition control wire) that connects to the Inverter ACC input, but I’m unsure which of the three relay connections on the Cerbo GX Relay 2 block (NO/NC/COM) to connect this one wire to. It would be normally open (inverter running) and I would trigger the relay to close it (thereby turning off the inverter because there is no ignition signal present) if I see the battery voltage drop below a threshold, and turn it back on when the power comes back on. So two questions:

- is this do-able

- which connection do I use … the NO?

Thanks

cerbo gxRelay
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@rrgrant

Dos the Xantrex need voltage in that one wire switch on?

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
rrgrant avatar image
rrgrant answered ·

To close this off, I needed to run a 12v supply wire to the common terminal of Relay 2 and the wire from the NO terminal of the relay to the ACC terminal on the inverter.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rrgrant avatar image
rrgrant answered ·

According to my reading, the ACC wire (accessory wire) supplies 12v (like to a car stereo), so the Cerbo would supply 12v normally too allow the inverter to run. According to the Xantrex manual, it needs to be fused at not more than 5A.

2 |3000

Related Resources