question

Paul Adams avatar image
Paul Adams asked

Orion-Tr Smart Charger working or shorted out? No led lights

A stereo company installed my Orion and a Battle Born battery under the passenger seat on my Sprinter van. But the system seemed to leak and would eventually deplete my Battle Born. Had to recharge it two or three times.

I had an official Victron installer drive up to take a look. He said the Orion had been installed wrong. He said he fixed it, but within an hour after he left the Orion disappeared from my phone's Bluetooth. And now, neither the power light led nor the Bluetooth light led on the Orion comes on. My Victron Smart Battery Monitor still shows up on the phone's Bluetooth.

I took the van to a local RV guy and he spotted a spark between the positive and negative cables going into the Orion. His guess is that the Orion shorted out and is now worthless. However, the Smart Monitor still seems to show the Battle Born charging. I am baffled. The diagnoses are costing me a fortune. Please help!

orion-tr smartBluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Back to basics.

Please confirm that you have power on the input to the Orion.

Try completely disconnecting the Orion. Leave it for a few minutes and then reconnect. If the lights come back, great.

Otherwise... Guessing the sparking has damaged the Orion. Dealer job, but it won't necessarily be covered by warranty.And it means getting the unit to an authorised dealer.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.