question

spreyer avatar image
spreyer asked

CCGX Color Control does not see inverter

I have a bank of Rolls AGM 115ah batteries wired in 3 pairs to give 345ah at 24 volt.

These are connected to a Quattro 24/3000/70 inverter and a 100/30 Victron MPPT smart controller via a Victron datalink box

These communicate to a CCGX color controller.

I just added a smart BMV 702 battery monitor and powered everything up.

The CCGX does see the Solar MPPT and BMV but now does not see the Quattro.

Using ve-config I can see the inverter is OK, has the latest firmware, and reports an SOC of 100% (which ties in with the BMV). Whilst connected to the CCGX and the inverter is off the inverter starts when running ve-config then stays running when disconnected from the PC but is still missing from the CCGX list of devices

I am at a loss as to why the color control does not see the inverter despite changing cables and re flashing the inverter firmware with latest version

Any help would be appreciated please!

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerBMV Battery MonitorCCGX Color Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
nebulight avatar image
nebulight answered ·

what venus os are you running on the CCGX?

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

spreyer avatar image spreyer commented ·

Hi Nebulight

The one supplied with it, firmware is v1.74, the latest

0 Likes 0 ·
nebulight avatar image nebulight spreyer commented ·

The latest os on the CCGX is 2.33

0 Likes 0 ·
spreyer avatar image spreyer nebulight commented ·

thanks how do I find which version mine has please?

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ spreyer commented ·

I dont't know the exact menu of the old CCGX but there should be a point "Firmware"

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ccgx:firmware_updating

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ccgx:firmware_upgrade_to_v2

0 Likes 0 ·
Mark avatar image
Mark answered ·

A few simple things to check/try;

- Check that the Quattro is plugged into a VE.Bus port and not a VE.Can port on the CCGX.

- Ensure that the Quattro physical switch is ON.

- In the CCGX settings perform a 'system re-detect'.

- Reboot the CCGX from the related option in the settings.

- Power cycle the Quattro, totally disconnect the DC supply to it for a few minutes and then reconnect.

3 comments
2 |3000

Hi Mark Thanks for the reply.

It is plugged into the VE.Bus port

It is switched on

I have rebooted and reflashed the CCGX with latest firmware

I have tried other RJ cables

I cannot run redetect on the CCGX as it is not seeing the Quattro so the option is not available

Do you mean disconnect the DC supply to the CCGX?

0 Likes 0 ·
Mark avatar image Mark ♦♦ spreyer commented ·

No I meant to try disconnecting power to the inverter/charger if all else fails.

But if your not running a 2.xx firmware I think that's most probably your issue.

Update your CCGX firmware first. While you are at it, it's a good idea to also check your Quattro FW and update. But you need to have a MK3 to USB cable for this and it's normally done by a professional.

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi Mark

Got the CCGX up to 2.33 sucessfully

Did the power cycle and dc connect but fault persists

I’m convinces the problem is the ve.bus on the CCGX but not sure how to test the as I have nothing else to plug into it

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @spreyer,

Do you have a VRM site id that I can have a look at?

Also, please try this troubleshooting procedure, as it might help narrow down the cause.

3 comments
2 |3000

Guy

Thank you so much! Using the mk3 the CCGX now sees the Quattro so my guess is either ve.bus fault on the CCGX or, the ve.bus is not turned on in the CCGX. Its still under warranty if that helps?

My VRM id is 6ceceb8de695

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ spreyer commented ·

If possible, I would now try another CCGX, or take your CCGX to another Multi and try it there.

You could also take this information and troubleshooting you have done so far to your Victron dealer and ask them for help.

0 Likes 0 ·
spreyer avatar image spreyer Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

hi Guy

thanks for your help, Victron are replacing the unit under warranty. most appreciated

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Check the VE BUS cable, make sure that all the connection pins in the CCGX unit and the Inverter unit are in good condition and making contact to the cable plugs. (ie no bent pins and something not holding them up.

Also out of interest try a shorter VE BUS Cable say under 5 mtrs in length as well. I have had a issue on a site that had a 10 mtr VE Bus cable the CCGX just did not want to work with that length of cable after a FW upgrade on the Inverter

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi Mark

Cable is fine as thats now plugged into the mk3 it might be the pins on the CCGX

I’m away for a few days now so will check the CCGX on Wednesday when I get back

For now all is well using the mk3

Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·