question

nicholas-duncan avatar image
nicholas-duncan asked

Quattro pass-thru settings

Hi guys,

I have a quattro 12/5000/220 with a backup 5kVA generator attached.

I am looking for a way to transfer my larger loads from the batteries onto the generator, but the quattro just switches over immediately. Is there a way to slowly transfer the load between from batteries to generator? I have power assist enabled.

Whenever I initiate the load, the quattro immediately dumps all the power requirements onto the generator. I don’t like loading the generator with 70-80% of its capacity in just a second or two.

Any advice greatly appreciated, and let me know if I can provide further information.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerGenerator
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
jwfrary avatar image
jwfrary answered ·

You could turn the current input down to the minimum input current for your Quattro, and then manually build it up if you have a gx device or DMC controller. But there's no automatic way.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

@Nicholas Duncan

In the Quattro's settings, tick 'Dynamic Current Limiter'. It's like a soft-start thing, and usually an essential for genset supply.

2 |3000