question

avi avatar image
avi asked

AC Grid Current Limit not visible in VRM / console

Hi There!

For my home (grid-tied) I am using 3X Multi's 48/5000/70-50. Behind it some beautiful Pylontech US5000's. System is running DVCC. Stuff is running good. Multi's are running firmware 506, VRM instance 276. Checked the changelogs, cant find any announced changes?

I used to see under the Controls menu a Grid Current limit in VRM. It disappeared recently. Also on the Cerbo GX I am unable to find any current limiter. I can remember I have set it to 25A: so I *gulp* think all is allright, but somehow worried that I cannot see it anymore.

I am using the ESS assistant. But it did work before.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Edit: The VRM update deployed 13 November (three days ago) did change something, however that doesn't explain its absence on the local console.

• Dashboard: Fixed AC Input value having a different value from console for some installations

VRM:

vrmsys.jpg

Console:

multi.jpg

VRMcurrent limit
vrmsys.jpg (57.0 KiB)
multi.jpg (28.8 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
1234enough avatar image
1234enough answered ·

In VRM two lines at top RH and I see thisscreenshot-20231116-191811-vrm.jpg

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

avi avatar image
avi answered ·

Hi 1234enough , Thanks for giving it a shot.

Our systems differ - you are on a one phase, I have three phase.

The issue still persists!

2 |3000

1234enough avatar image
1234enough answered ·

Ah I see, keep us all updated

2 |3000

avi avatar image
avi answered ·

@Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) - perhaps you have any idea, this disappearing all of the sudden kind of worries me.

6 comments
2 |3000

Hi @avi,

I'll see what I can found out about these changes.

0 Likes 0 ·
avi avatar image avi Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Guy,

Thank you for picking this up! If I can provide anything - let me know, I am closely monitoring this thread.

Kindest regards,

Avi

0 Likes 0 ·
Hi @avi,

From the engineers end it appears like not all the units have the "Current limit overruled by remote" enabled, so this feature to see the AC input current limit has been disabled.

Can you please double check this setting for each of the units?

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ,

Thanks for you uber fast response! Its a three phase bus system, unsure how to enable Current limit overruled by remote per device. Would that imply wiring the MK3 to the vici's? Or is it possible from VRM or the console? Let me know, will immediately try!

Kindest regards,

Avi

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi @avi,

Yes, I would suggest connecting the MK3, and then using the VE.Bus system configurator tool.

I am not sure what your level of experience is here, but I made a video training that runs through the process;

Software & Programming Multi Phase systems

It might be that one of the units has this enabled, but not all of them.

It IS possible to do it without the MK3 via remote VE.Configure programming;

Edit here is the documentation for the remote option - https://www.victronenergy.com/live/vrm_portal:remote-veconfigure

It might be easier, if everything goes smoothly. It's still probably worth watching the other video as well, as it has more details about multiphase.

Let me know if you get stuck, it's a bit of a process.

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ,

Had a hunch - and no worries, my level of experience: 1337. Thanks to who? Thanks to you! Due to the tons of extensive documentation, videos, open nature of Victron. You guys' rock and are unmatched.

Will test it in the simulation, then deploy it to prod.

Will let you know end of day.

Kindest regards,

Avi

1 Like 1 ·

Related Resources