question

Erwin Heigl avatar image

Anti-Islanding-Protection Austria (3-phase ESS-System with Fronius AC-coupled PV)

Hello!

I am an electrician and planning a ESS-system for my new house in Austria.

3x Multiplus-II 5000 (3-phase) with 48V Lithium-Battery (maybe some Pylontech US3000), with about 6kWp Fronius Symo PV-Inverter connected on AC-Out for higher self-consumption and UPS in case of grid failure.

Is there an extra anti-islanding-relay necesarry, or is the anti-islanding-protection from the Multiplus II enough? I only find the TOR D4 Certificate for Multiplus-II 3000!

Thanks for the Answers!

Erwin

Multiplus-IIESSinstallationFronius
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Erwin Heigl avatar image
Erwin Heigl answered ·

Thanks for your answer, Markus.

I think the electric supply company will say that a seperate relay is necesarry if there is no TOR D4 Certificate because then it is 100% official. They have not to pay the device...

But maybe in the future there will come a certificate also for the 5kW Multiplus II? Everybody from Victron who knows about this?

2 comments Share

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

MP2/5000 will be accepted by most Austrian VNB's. It is TOR D4 compliant in a 3 phase config.

ask your distributor for more information.

Markus avatar image
Markus answered ·

Servus @Erwin Heigl,

this depends on your electric supply company.

I would ask them, because lastly it's their decision. ;o)

Regards,

Markus