question

alaskannoob avatar image
alaskannoob asked

I need more than two Cerbo GX relays, what to do? Buy another Cerbo GX?

I need a third relay that I can control with Node Red using Venus Large. But I'm not sure how to get it. I have a Quattro 15K and an MPPT RS but I'm not sure if I can control the Quattro relay via Node Red running on the Cerbo.

Perhaps I could purchase another Cerbo GX? But I''m not sure if Node Red running on the main one could then control the relays on a second Cerbo.

Has anybody extended the relays of their Cerbo GX like this?

Relay
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@AlaskanNoob

No you cannot control the quattro relays from node red.

You can add other devices like Shelley and Sonoff to work as relays and control them from node red.

What are you trying to signal?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

alaskannoob avatar image alaskannoob commented ·
Trying to control heaters for the batteries based on the CCL reported to the Cerbo. I'll look into Shelley and Sonoff, many thanks!
0 Likes 0 ·
pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

Thread here on the subject, I have not used this, merely pointing out its presence.

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/166784/solution-adding-external-relays-to-cerbo-gx-using.html

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic