question

tuky avatar image
tuky asked

SMA Sunny Boy causing problems with charging voltage of the Inverter

I have an off grid system with the Victron Phoenix Inverter. I have tried to add SMA Sunny Boy grid tie inverter to the AC out of the Phoenix but it looks like they can not function properly in this setup. The charging voltage of the Phoenix starts wildly swinging from 13.2 to 14.9 V. After a short time period, Victron changes frequency and shuts down SMA like the battery is full, but it is not. After some time, Victron enables charging again, but everything is repeated, voltage swings and shut down.

I have tried this setup with Fronius Primo inverter on the AC out and it is working perfectly. What could be the problem with SMA?

Phoenix Inverter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
phoenix avatar image
phoenix answered ·

Is the GTI set to off grid mode ?

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tuky avatar image tuky commented ·
I have tried SMA Island mode and it seems it is working.
1 Like 1 ·
tuky avatar image tuky commented ·
No, it was in SMA Default mode where I set frequency shift parameters. I will try SMA Island mode, maybe it will work. Although, I will not be able to do it at least until next week.
0 Likes 0 ·