question

ctsit avatar image
ctsit asked

35mm cable for Multiplus 800va

Hi all,

I bought a redondo battery 12.8 100ah mini and plan to combine it with a multiplis 800va to operate as UPS for some equipment. Delivery on the inverter is pending so I can't check the fit.

The specifications of the inverter state that a 25mm cable is required.

My question is if it will be OK to use 35mm so that I will have less resistance and everything run cooler. Will the cable fit in the inverter terminals?

multiple inverters
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
snoobler avatar image
snoobler answered ·
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ctsit avatar image
ctsit answered ·

@snoobler thank you so much for your answer. I've downloaded the manual and it is very useful.

2 |3000

ctsit avatar image
ctsit answered ·

@snoobler I have the new compact 800va screenshot-2023-11-03-at-23019-pm.png

2 comments
2 |3000

k-k avatar image k-k commented ·
Watchout wether you have the right one, respective the right manual.

Behind the settings cap you might find only 6dip-switches not 8 as said in the (above mentioned) manual.

0 Likes 0 ·
k-k avatar image k-k k-k commented ·
Edit: the picture is a MultiPlus not a MultiPlus-Compact.

Afaik the compact is a (DE: Blechbüchse)

tin-can not tupperware

0 Likes 0 ·
ctsit avatar image
ctsit answered ·

@k_k maybe I miss labeled the Mutliplus, nevertheless the one in the picture is the one I have multiplus 800va.

I received today the 35mm cables and I will give it a try to see if they fit, if not then I have 7 meters of something I don't need right now.

regarding

"Afaik the compact is a (DE: Blechbüchse)

tin-can not tupperware"

Apologies but I don't understand what this means.

2 comments
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Metal case, not plastic case. The picture looks like a plastic case. So maybe the wrong one.
0 Likes 0 ·
k-k avatar image k-k commented ·

@ctsit

Sorry for my german sense of humor. Its like kevgermany statet: plastic case (=multiplus) metal case (=multiplus compact). BTW in my manual victron says 25mm² and i have exact the one 24/800 as in your picture.

(Maybe i have an old one, but then my seller may have tricked me).

So pls. look at the dip-switch table in your printed manual delivered with your inverter. It is different to the manual you might have downloaded.

I, if i had a 35mm² cable, have no scruple to strip the end a bit to fit in the cageclamp or using a 25mm² ferrule or better a (DE: Stiftkabelschuh=) pin cable lug. Just keep plus and minus well isolated, no strands remaining outside.

O.k. we will only need 2 not 50pcs - you can find dimensions here:

https://www.klauke.com/de/de/stiftkabelschuhe-nach-din-cu

Ps.: i am awaiting my cables too ! ;-)

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic