question

rickkt avatar image
rickkt asked

Victron Easysolar 24/1600 MG energy setup

Hi all,

I have one question about the settings of the following setup, an Easysolar with MG energy batteries.

Now I have the easysolar working with 6panels and 2x 12V110ah victron LiFePO4 batteries, all in an off-grid setup. Everything works in combination with a VenusOS raspberry and it works well.

Now I had the opportunity to buy 2x MG 25.6v 280ah batteries, along with the MG Master LV. The batteries are all connected to the Master and this works well, I can see them in the MG app. Now I want to connect the MG Master to the Easysolar, but unfortunately this doesn't work. I don't get this system connected to the VenusOS, not even when I connect it true a Victron MK-3 USB.

Am I missing a step here? The easysolar should be compatible with the MG batteries. Or work this only with the Cerbo?

Thanks,

Venus OSEasySolar All-in-OneEnergy Meter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

The battery/BMS "talks" VE.Can NOT VE.Bus (MK3).

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:mgenergysystems

I think with the rPi you need a "Can hat" adapter.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rickkt avatar image
rickkt answered ·

Will this work with an original Victron Cerbo?

1 comment
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·

Yes, as it has all comm port types VE direct, VE BUS, VE CAN and BMS CAN.

0 Likes 0 ·