question

regman54 avatar image
regman54 asked

Question about Smart Battery Sense mounting.

My question is about the adhesive mount on the Smart Battery Sense. As you know it's not a matter of if, but when it becomes time to move it to a new battery, can a new adhesive pad be ordered for it? The local dealer doesn't seem to know. I'd hate to have to purchase a whole new device for the sake of small sticky pad. If not then would CPU heatsink paste work just as well as an alternative? Thanks

Smart Battery Sense
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

Generally CPU paste isn't very adhesive, so likely not the best option. Last time I remounted an SBS I just used a couple squares of 3M 8810 adhesive thermal pad - if I remember right it was these exact ones, probably could have done with just one but I used two to be sure: https://www.digikey.com/short/7f0nzhbj

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

regman54 avatar image
regman54 answered ·

Thank you Justin. I had never heard of thermal pads before but it sounds like that's the product I would need.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Smart Battery Sense Product Page

Smart Battery Sense Manual