question

yoda-cz avatar image
yoda-cz asked

MPPT manual external control

Hello comunity!

i play in the nodered environment running on my raspberry pi. I don't use venusOS, nodered runs on a regular linux distribution.

I have SmartSolar MPPT and using the VE direct cable connected to my raspberry.

I read the data that the MPPT sends me. I process them as needed and do my own diagnostics and automation. This all works very well.

Now I need to manually control the charging current of my MPPT. Some Victron devices use DVCC (Distributed Voltage and Current Control). I would very much like to use this system on my raspberry in the nodered environment. However, I can't find documentation or more detailed information anywhere.

Victron has very good documentation of the VE.direct protocol. Unfortunately, this documentation contains information only about the data that the MPPT and other devices send out. I am trying to find any information or documentation where the method of external control is described.

Specifically, I'm interested in how the message format should look, whether a checksum is required and more.

I would like to set the parameters for my phoenix inverter in a similar way.

I will be grateful for any information anyone can give me.

live long and prosper :)

MPPT ControllersDVCCcharge current limit
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual

DVCC chapter in GX manual  

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic