question

kdjuflusd avatar image
kdjuflusd asked

Victron Energy Meter 3P (VM-3P75CT) Datasheet and recommendation

Dear all,

are there any Datasheets or documents for this new device? I would be very pleased if it could be submitted here.

When planning a new 3-phase ESS System - what is your recommendation, going with the "old" EM24 LAN or waiting some weeks for the new Energy Meter from victron? It should be connected via LAN.

Thanks a lot

Energy Meter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

14 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

peregrines avatar image peregrines commented ·
Thank You Matthias!
0 Likes 0 ·
kdjuflusd avatar image
kdjuflusd answered ·

I want to push my question a little bit higher because there are no answers at all...

1 comment
2 |3000

Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook ♦♦ commented ·

When the unit becomes available and the manual and datasheets are published, you will find them here: https://www.victronenergy.com/meters-and-sensors

Until then, we wait!

0 Likes 0 ·

The datasheet and manual will be published when they are ready to be published.

2 |3000

kdjuflusd avatar image
kdjuflusd answered ·

Is it worth, waiting for release of the product or still going with EM24 LAN?

I have no time pressure, if it takes 3-4 months, it's no problem

1 comment
2 |3000

peregrines avatar image peregrines commented ·
I really think you should wait for the new one ;)
0 Likes 0 ·
The EM24 Ethernet is known for making problems, just search in the community.

If LAN is the only option to connect the energy meter to the GX device I would definitely wait for the Victron meter.

If a wired RS485 connection is possible than I the EM540 will also do a great job.

2 |3000

peregrines avatar image
peregrines answered ·

Hi! My VM-3P75CT is going to be delivered on Tuesday. Is there still no manual/information available? At least I cant find it :(

1 comment
2 |3000

ace132 avatar image ace132 commented ·
Did you receive it? Where did you buy it?

0 Likes 0 ·
Philipp Trenz avatar image
Philipp Trenz answered ·

Hi all, please notice Matthijs post here:

Having this new energy meter is quite a mile stone for us! There are limited quantities on stock already, which will be released for sale as soon as Venus OS v3.12 is officially available.

I'm pretty sure that the documentation will also be available then.

2 |3000

stromesel avatar image
stromesel answered ·

Perfect timing I want to order the smart meter in the next days/weeks. Interesting about the pricing. :)

2 |3000

towatai avatar image
towatai answered ·

The question of all questions is ultimately, what does it offer more (apart from the LAN connection), so that the additional price to the EM540 is really worth it? The EM540 already measures so fast that the Victron system can not readjust so quickly ;-)

Well, you could add the easier installation here. So Victron, get the final specs out... We are boiling with curiosity!

3 comments
2 |3000

Philipp Trenz avatar image Philipp Trenz ♦ commented ·

Note: The EM540 is Modbus RTU only, the Victron Energy Meter has Ethernet ;)

1 Like 1 ·
towatai avatar image towatai Philipp Trenz ♦ commented ·

I have explicitly pointed this out in my post...

0 Likes 0 ·
Philipp Trenz avatar image Philipp Trenz ♦ towatai commented ·

Should have read more carefully ...

0 Likes 0 ·
hardy-tuner avatar image
hardy-tuner answered ·

Victron price list shows 380€

2 |3000

peregrines avatar image
peregrines answered ·

The big question will be how much faster than the EM540 will it be?
For me it will definitely be worth it ;)

2 |3000

ace132 avatar image
ace132 answered ·

Spec sheet is here

2 |3000

ton-gans avatar image
ton-gans answered ·

@ace132 link does not work

2 |3000

jonofe avatar image
jonofe answered ·
2 |3000

Related Resources