question

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) asked

Venus OS v3.12~1 available for testing

UPDATE 2023-10-31: v3.12 was released officially.

Good day!

Per just now, available as a release candidate, v3.12~1.

This version builds on the last official release, v3.11, and includes various changes previously tested as v3.20-beta versions.

Change log of v3.11 -> v3.12~1:

• Add support for the new Victron Energy Meter, VM-3P75CT.
  • Add enable/disable switch for EV Chargers and VE-energy meters. Defaults to disabled: from now onwards, when installing an EV Charger with a GX, the EV Charger needs to be enabled in the GX. Any EVCS already seen in a prior GX firmware version will be enabled automatically.
  • Add digital read-out as well start/stop control of DSE generator controllers. Connection is over Ethernet, using the Modbus-TCP protocol. Supported DSE models:
    • 4510 MKII
    • 6110 MKII
    • 7310 MKII
    • 7410 MKII
    • 7420 MKII
    • 8610 MKII
    • 8660 MKII
  • Fix MultiPlus II 2x120V device screen shows large negative current on AC-Out L2 when inverting or with single phase grid connection, for systems running VE.Bus firmware version 504 or later.

Any other features that are being tested in v3.20 are not included. For example FlashMQ, new Marine HTML5 app, and more. They will be back as a new v3.20 version as soon as possible, most likely somewhere in the coming week - after we've released v3.12 officially.

Please report any issues, since above are mainly new features requiring very specific hardware (Victron Meter, DSE generator controller), the focus is that there are no accidental regressions, ie things breaking that used to work - you are also welcome to leave a message that all works well in your system after updating to v3.12~1.

Having this new energy meter is quite a mile stone for us! There are limited quantities on stock already, which will be released for sale as soon as Venus OS v3.12 is officially available.

Have a good weekend,

Matthijs

Venus OS
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

Hey all, v3.12 is right now being released officially.

A new v3.20 beta will show up shortly (later this week)

3 Likes 3 Ā·
ppr avatar image ppr mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·
super happy to see that one coming with the web interface
0 Likes 0 Ā·
3 Answers
freese avatar image
freese answered Ā·

Happy to hear about VM-3P75CT. I am available for testing. ;-)

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·
:-), thanks!

Its been tested for a long time already - weā€™re launching!

2 Likes 2 Ā·
some-user avatar image some-user mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·
Thank you, I love Victrons quality over quantity Approach.
2 Likes 2 Ā·
freese avatar image freese mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

I suspected that.

Honestly, I'm looking forward to your solution!!!

0 Likes 0 Ā·
simonyoungtree avatar image
simonyoungtree answered Ā·

The PV charger value on the remote console deviates +/- 10% from the total of the trackers on the RS450/100. This value is also forwarded to VRM and influences the Total Solar value on VRM as well (and predictions as well I assume)

1698842997546.png

1698842997546.png (10.6 KiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

Hi @SimonYoungtree the most accurate data is the data per tracker, and that is what it used for PV yield forecasting.

The other one is perhaps, in case of the MPPT RS, a non optimal calculation using battery voltage. I've made a note to take a look, but don't see this as urgent.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
simonyoungtree avatar image simonyoungtree mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

For your information: The PV Charger total is actually quite good. The trackers reported wattage must be wrong. For test purposes I disabled the inverter on the Multiplus to get an accurate comparison. I assume the shunt reading from the battery is very accurate. So the value of the shunt should be more or less exactly the total of PV Charger in this setup. Nothing is disappearing via the Multi plus. The result is that PV Charger total is correct (give or take a few watts due to timing differences). No need to check that.

1699015959038.png

0 Likes 0 Ā·
1699015959038.png (34.3 KiB)
jamesstubberfield avatar image
jamesstubberfield answered Ā·

Hi - I have found a bug in V3.12 when the update is applied to Easysolar-II units, specifically the 5kVA (no experience of the issue with 3kVA units, so I can't confirm).
After the update, whether automatic or manually applied, the GX device no longer recognises the internal SmartSolar MPPT 250/100. Attempts to use a different ve.direct cable from the MPPT to the external ve.direct port of the GX card also fail to establish comms with the MPPT.
After rolling back the GX firmware to a previous version, the MPPT is immediately detected and comms is restored.
I think this is an urgent matter to be looked into!
Thanks, James

2 |3000

Related Resources