question

andrii avatar image
andrii asked

Battery overcharge

Hi all! I ran into a problem. I have a Victron Quattro 48/8000 and 2 mppt smart solar 250/100 and 5 aoboet uhome lfp 5000 batteries. The batteries are connected in parallel and connected to the Cerbo via a can bus. The nominal voltage of the batteries is 51.2V. Maximum charge voltage 57.6V. I set the float charge voltage to 54V and the absorption voltage to 55,2V. DVCC is enabled and limited to 55V. But the system does not stop charging the batteries when the voltage reaches 55V and charges them further. The battery protection is triggered and the system turns off. That is, a overcharge occurs. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
battery chargingLithium Battery48v battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
info-6 avatar image
info-6 answered ·

Did you activate under "System Setup" the option "Has DC-System"?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

andrii avatar image andrii commented ·
No, I dont activate "has DC-system"
0 Likes 0 ·
pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

Float charge voltage should be lower than absorption voltage. Your float setting is higher than absorption so is this why charging continues.

1 comment
2 |3000

andrii avatar image andrii commented ·

Oh, sory, I set the float charge voltage to 54V and the absorption voltage to 55.2V. I made a mistake in the description.

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Can you share any charts showing the battery voltage and current?

Are you using ESS? If so, what mode?

2 |3000

andrii avatar image
andrii answered ·

1697516041870.png

It's a keep battery charge.

1697516041870.png (60.0 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·

This chart doesn’t show the battery going above 55V. Also keep batteries charged will run the charge voltage a bit higher 0.4V comes to mind.

Whatever is lower between the dvcc/cvl will be honoured.

1 Like 1 ·
solarmax-canarias avatar image
solarmax-canarias answered ·

Had the same issue, with many installations with Uhome LFP-5000 batteries. All the ESS had it, also some island systems. The solution was too reduce the maximum charging voltage in DVCC to 54V ✌️

2 |3000

Related Resources

VictronConnect VE.Bus charging manual  

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Battery Compatibility

Did You Know - How to create a battery profile for non-Victron batteries?

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic