question

John Leslie avatar image
John Leslie asked

New Sustain mode picking up shore power

On a boat with a Quattro running firmware 506 and a CerboGX running 3.10 and the new sustain mode enabled. When I plug into shore power when SOC voltage is above the sustain level set in the quattro, it seems the quattro does not immediately pick up shore power on AC IN2. I've verified that shore power is coming into the boat. Then at some indeterminate time later the Quattro connects to shore power and the float light shows and the CerboGX shows the Quattro is in the new sustain mode.

A small problem with the delayed connection to shore power, I want to make sure the shore power connection is working properly before I leave the boat (potentially for some time). Does anyone know the logic for shore power connection when the new sustain mode is enabled? Thanks.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargercerbo gxshorepower
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

Sustain mode applies only to battery charging not AC out. AC in will still be used to power AC loads even if solar/wind power is available.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.