question

daren-connor avatar image
daren-connor asked

Fronius Symo not ramping up to meet house demand.

My Fronius Symo 15 has 18kw of solar panels installed. Multi plus 48/5000/70 x 3 in 3 phase config. Even though Fronius has 15kw available, the multiplus always ramps Fronius down considerably & doesn't ramp up to meet house demand but instead takes it out of the charge so the charge is reduced. Why isn't Fronius ramping up?

offgridFronius3 phaseAssistants
5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

daren-connor avatar image daren-connor commented ·

It's 10:30am, Fronius is in state 560 & ramped down to 11kw, the batteries are at 70%, house is using 3kw. Fronius has would have easy 13+ is coming from the solar array. It's just not making any sense at all. Why is multiplus taking from the charge instead of ramping the big Fronius up to cover demand?

0 Likes 0 ·

It's like the house load & the charger share the same 180amps of charge (60 each muktiplus) but when the generator is on, it can transfer 300amps (100amps per muktiplus) would that be right?

0 Likes 0 ·

Can anyone please tell me if this looks right. Is there a setting that makes Fronius feed direct into the house?

0 Likes 0 ·

Really? Is there nobody from Victron or Fronius who can answer my question? I have spent considerable money on Victron & Fronius equipment which is not working as it's supposed to. The after sales technical support from both these companies is disgusting. After this waste of time, effort & money. I wished I'd never purchased victron or Fronius equipment. They are useless & do not work properly together. I feel I've wasted money because now I must constantly use a diesel generator to charge my batteries. Thanks for nothing Victron 7 Fronius.

0 Likes 0 ·

Can someone tell me why the ccgx doesn't show Fronius feeding into the house as well as the multi plus inverter chargers?

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

Hello @Daren Connor. This is a general forum and not support site so you may find given your big investment, the reseller/installer should be the first port of call. Secondly, without a proper view or diagram of your full installation and settings, your question may be difficult to answer and likely warrants an expert to look into it to ensure it was set up correctly. Being a 3 phase installation even more so.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

I have asked the installer, I've asked Victron, I've asked Fronius but nobody can help & I find that astounding! If nobody can answer then what do I do next?

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ daren-connor commented ·

Hi Daren,

Please try this form -

https://professional.victronenergy.com/support/

It is linked from the support page under step 3- https://www.victronenergy.com/support

The issue will then be copied into to your distributors who should have the necessary information, and copies in Victron.

If the distributor is unable to resolve it themselves, they can then escalate the issue inside Victron and get the help they need to support their customers.

0 Likes 0 ·
Craig Myatt avatar image
Craig Myatt answered ·

I realise it has been a while, be interesting to know how this worked out. I am designing a similar system right now. Could this be a phase balancing issue? That is, because the Fronius may only output identically on each phase, there is a limit to what it will output? And is that the way the Symo works? Will it output differently on each phase, when in Microgrid mode?

2 |3000