question

fordens avatar image
fordens asked

Fuel tank sender recommendations?

Hi all,

I have a canalboat and the only actual way to measure the fuel level is the wooden stick through the fill hole :)

I try to find a bluetooth (or wired) fuel ender that can be set to be shown on Cerbo GX dashboard.

Anything to recommend? Looking at the new Gobius Pro but not sure it integrates well within Victron environment

Thanks in advance

Bluetoothsensor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
cardy01 avatar image
cardy01 answered ·

The Tank Level Sensor inputs on a Cerbo GX are resistive so any standard tank sender Euro or US should work - all configurable in the I/O section of the GX menu

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

fordens avatar image
fordens answered ·

This is not an option, to install a sender I would need to drill through the steel deck which cannot happen at all.

The only option as I said above is to use an ultrasonic sender, but not like Mopeka because no access to the bottom of the tank.

2 |3000

bathnm avatar image
bathnm answered ·

Something like this I believe will work. You can connect it to the tank input on the CerboGX

Wema 300mm Fuel/Water Level Sensor

That is a resistive sender which is supported. Note there are various different versions as the EU and US have different resistive ranges, but the CerboGX is configurable such that it will work with both ranges

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Cerbo_GX/140558-CCGX__Venus_GX__Cerbo_GX__Cerbo-S_GX_Manual-pdf-en.pdf

2 |3000

Related Resources

VictronConnect bluetooth troubleshooting guide

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic