question

sesshoumaru avatar image
sesshoumaru asked

Suggestion: Roles of metering devices

Hello

I want to suggest the introduction of another "Role" for Energy Meters in the CerboGX (VenusOS).
I would wish to be able to visualize certain special load devices inside of my home system which are part of house grid and at the moment summerized as "Critical Loads".

My setup:
I have a Varta Element 6 Battery connected on the AC-OUT side of the Quattro II system. Its connected with an EM24 between itself and Quattro (energy distributor is there as well). I have setup this EM24 as role "AC Loads" which is wrong, but better than nothing.

What I wand to add:
I am going to install a headpump in the course of the year.

What I want to achieve:
I would like to have "Critical Loads" split into "Varta", "Headpump" and "Remaining Loads"). Like you could say on a yacht you want to visualize certain high profile devices on the GX dashboard. Especially as Varta can consume but also emit energy.

Feature request:
Introduce a new role for energy meters which mark them device on the AC-OUT side and be visualzed as own icon/block on the GX dashboard. Calculation of loads wound then consider this to have proper energy-flow.

If there is a better place for suggestions (Git?) then please advice so.
I know it might be an edge case for most people, but I still think it would be worth a feature to have.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargercerbo gxEnergy Meter
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

djbower1 avatar image djbower1 commented ·

I have hoped for suck a feature for a while. If we could have an option to set a custom name for the energy meter and location ac in or out and need do the funky stuff in the background that would be good.

It could be used for heat pump monitoring, ev charger monitoring, emersion heater etc....

Lets hope it get added at some point.

@Kevin Windrem is this something you can do with guimods?

0 Likes 0 ·
Kevin Windrem avatar image Kevin Windrem djbower1 commented ·
I'm afraid this isn't something that could be done in GuiMods or other simple modifications to Venus OS. Way beyond my capabilities. Sorry
1 Like 1 ·
0 Answers