question

ernstsl avatar image
ernstsl asked

Charge voltage not visible in settings (lithium)?

Hi everone,

As a newbie on campervan-victron-electronics who just the other day installed an expensive lithium-battery, I probably just need some reassurance from you guys.

As said, I swapped my old lead-acid battry for a lithium (Lifepo4) battery. Both the chargers (Victron Energy Blue Smart IP22 12V/15A and Victron Orion-Tr Smart 12/12 18A (220 W) DC/DC lader ) are set to lithium.

The battery manufacterer states the charge voltage of 14.4v is critical.

When I choose lithium in the connect-app, I cannot see the voltage it will use. On other settings you see the voltage, but not with this setting. I assume it will be allright, but like to hear that from you ;-)

Thanks!

Ernst

img-0472.png

img-0471.png

battery chargingorion-tr smartbluesmart ip22
img-0472.png (293.5 KiB)
img-0471.png (248.8 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Enabled advanced settings at the bottom.

Then open the new advanced tab.

In there change the preset to user defined.

You can now set your own charge settings instead of using the defaults.

(You can also enable expert mode if you want to change even more options)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ernstsl avatar image
ernstsl answered ·

Hi @nickdb thanks for your reply. I noticed the advanced and expert mode in the menu. Since all the warnings and me beeing on a very low level of understanding on this matter I decided it’s best to stay away from this settings.

Did not get any answer on my question yet, but on the other hand, Victron will no doubt using the right parameters at default for a Lithium battery.

Thanks again!

Ernst

1 comment
2 |3000

Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook ♦♦ commented ·

Victron's "Smart Lithium" profile is for Victron Smart component LFP batteries, and will bulk/absorb charge at 14.2v as Victron's batteries require. If your batteries need to see 14.4v for some reason such as the balancing board to activate (Battle Born is an example of this) then you are best advised to follow the advice of @nickdb to enable your own charge profile.

0 Likes 0 ·
grahamwood avatar image
grahamwood answered ·

If you set to lithium then the default values will be correct for your requirement. Nothing to worry about.

1 comment
2 |3000

Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook ♦♦ commented ·
The default Victron "Smart Lithium" setting puts bulk/absorb at 14.2v (as is appropriate for Victron Smart Lithium batteries) which is below the stated requirement of 14.4, and can be a very important couple of tenths.
0 Likes 0 ·