question

tom-foley avatar image
tom-foley asked

How do you connect a Blue Smart IP22 to a LiFePo battery?

The user guide is not very helpful. It just says connect DC cables with no explanation on how to, or if you need a special cable. It doesn't even mention you need to remove the terminal cover to access the screws ( which is of no help to newbies like me).

I have a 15AH version and an 18AH battery, but don't know how to connect them,

Any help is appreciated.

battery chargingbluesmart ip22
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
theo74 avatar image
theo74 answered ·

By looking at the different manuals available on the Victron website, I found out that the manual for the 120VAC version is a bit different from the 230VAC version.

When you look at page 3 in the manual for the 120VAC version, you will find the 'how to connect' part of the charger. On the other hand, this looks quite obvious to me...

Next, you need to use the Victron app to make the correct settings for your battery in the charger. Most important are the battery type (lead/gel/agm/lfp) and the maximum charge current.

You can use the battery specifications provded by the manufacturer, to set the correct values.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.