question

bigmillie avatar image
bigmillie asked

Can you switch Victron Energy MultiPlus 12 3000 inverter on/off manually?

Hi

Just landed with this inverter , wanted to know if i can turn on/off without having a phone.

Have a desktop with the Victron app , but its using 220v , so have to leave the inverter on (does this damage the inverter if left on for 24 hours?)

thanks

multiplus ve.busvictron productsvictron community
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@bigmillie

There is a rocker switch on the front of the inverter. It has 3 positions - on, off and charger only for manual switching.

You can leave them on 24/7 if grid connected. Obviously if inverting then you will have your battery to think of.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bigmillie avatar image bigmillie commented ·

Thanks Alexandra

do you think those switches will work if i am not using the app.

a bit risky as I havent a way to turn the 230 volt on otherwise.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ bigmillie commented ·

Yes. The front rocker overrides all of them.

0 Likes 0 ·
theo74 avatar image
theo74 answered ·

There are more ways to switch the Multiplus on/off/charge only

- Manually via the rocker switch [On/Off/Charge Only] on the Multiplus it self

- Remotely On/Off only, via a normal switch, connected to the green [Remote On/Off] connector

- Remotely On/Off/Charge Only plus maximum grid current set, via a Digtial Multi Control display

- Remotely On/Off/Charge Only, and all settings, via Victron app with a Cerbo GX connected

Remote options only work when the Multiplus rocker switch is physically set to On.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic