question

jmendoza avatar image
jmendoza asked

Inverter status change schedule via Cerbo GX (for RV - Offgrid use)

Hi,

As many others I am using Victron in my RV for offgrid usage. The key components here are Multiplus compact 12/2000/80 and a Cerbo Gx.

When the inverter is on but in stand-by, even if no AC current, it is consuming around 1amp. One main usage for the inverter would be to power my hot water boiler, but I would prefer not to have it on 24h and rather be able to schedule the status of the inverter so I can program it to be on or off automatically.

I have checked ESS and the schedule is only for charging from grid, but knowing how many RVers are using Victron I am surprised this is not an easy option to do via Cerbo.

Has anyone found a suitable solution for this? Any for-dummies way to do it?

Victron: I am sure a lot of RVers would enjoy having this option via Cerbo!

Thank you all

Multiplus-IIcerbo gxoffgrid
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@jmendoza@gmail.com

Being an RV user means ESS is not available for you.

However node red is and that gives a lot more options.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jmendoza avatar image
jmendoza answered ·

@Alexandra

As I own a multiplus inverter/charger, I would say ESS works for me for the times I am connected to the grid (in a camping for example), but not for this case indeed.

Regarding NodeRed, I guess this is not an easy option somewhere among the Cerbo menus and it is something that requires from more technical skills to make it work?

1 comment
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
What I meant is ESS is not designed for systems without a permanent connection. (There are some safety issues and legal ones such as meeting a grid code on installation)

Do you use your boiler off battery as well as on grid?

0 Likes 0 ·