question

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) asked

Venus OS v3.11~2 available for testing

UPDATE 2023-10-10: v3.11 has been released officially. Blogpost will follow shortly. Change log is available on Victron Professional.

UPDATED: v3.11~2

Dear all,

For those liking all the new features, this is a small interruption. While working on v3.20, various issues have been found and fixed. And the version now available to test, v3.11~1 is all about bringing them to the market as soon as possible.

Besides fixes, v3.11 also has the new notification that tells the user that he should update the built-in MK3-controller.

Which means that the new HTML5 Marine app is missing, and few more things that were available on v3.20~7, are missing as well. In case you are looking for those files or further info see the v3.20~7 post, or download those swu files from this dropbox link.

For details about v3.11~1, see change log below. Testing it much appreciated, if all goes well we can make the official release next week.

Instructions: Venus OS beta testing & how to join/install

In case you don't know what this message is about, please start with reading this link, which explains the Venus OS beta program. Venus OS is the software running on all our GX devices, such as the Cerbo GX.

Instructions: How to post an issue?

By posting an answer below. Do please keep all findings organised: one answer issue per issue. So first check the existing threads if your issue has already been seen. And if it does, add a comment saying "me too". And preferably some more details. And in case its not listed yet, add a new Answer.

Note that Answers and Comments are two different things on this portal.

Lastly, before posting issues, preferably first revert to the latest official release (v3.10), to double check if the issue you're seeing was present there as well. Regressions require a different treatment than other issues and bugs.

And include information about the results/differences in behaviour in your report.

Instructions: Node-RED, Kevinā€™s GuiMods, Setup helper, ExtTransferSwitch or other add-ons?

In case you are running Node-RED or SignalK, then please at least say so in your bug report.

GuiMods and other 3rd party add-ons: donā€™t report your gui issues here. Do it elsewhere instead.

Changes made by us can cause a compatibility issue with the GuiMods; and these betas report pages are for official firmware only.

Changes v3.11~2

Fix a few UI items related to generator start/stop run time and service interval:

• Fix toast/popup explaining that total run time can't be modified while generator is running.
  • Fix service interval change confirmation toast/popup shows the old value instead of the new one.
  • Service interval item now shows "Disabled" when value is set to 0.

Changes v3.11~1

• Fix Ekrano GX remote firmware update issues with VE.Can products: the remote firmware update mechanism did not accept having two ports configured with the VE.Can profile, which the Ekrano has by default.
  • Fix various bugs in the gui related to generator start/stop, all regressions introduced per v3.10.
    • Fix generator start stop reported run time
    • Fix an info toast message is not shown when setting service timer
    • Fix bug where FischerPanda gensets sometimes lose the engine values (Oil Pressure, RPM, etc)
  • Show a warning if the firmware for the MK3 controller built into the GX device has not been updated yet. For details, see the v3.00 blog post.
  • Various fixes to Dynamic ESS
  • Solar and wind priority: fix a small bug around charge battery to 100% visualisation.
  • Remote Multi/Quattro firmware updates: fix bug where the Multis and Quattros don't show on on the VRM firmware update device list if the mk3 firmware has not been upgraded.
Venus OS
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·
Goodmorning!

v3.11~2 is now available. Have a good weekend, Matthijs
0 Likes 0 Ā·
4 Answers
towatai avatar image
towatai answered Ā·

Is FlashMQ enabled in this Version or is it only available in the 3.20~X-Versions?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·
Hi, flashmq disabled.
2 Likes 2 Ā·
John Leslie avatar image
John Leslie answered Ā·

Upgraded to the 3.11~1 RC to test the 'Charge the Battery to 100% functionality. With the Quattro in Sustain mode, I selected 'yes' to charge the battery. The Quattro switched to Bulk mode as expected. A small UI bug I think, using either the keyboard or the mouse to select 'yes' also includes an implied commit action to initiate the mode. I would have expected to have to explicitly press one of the bottom check or cancel buttons to initiate or cancel the operation. Instead selecting the 'yes' radio button also includes an implied commit action step.

When I tried to stop the bulk charging, by entering the 'Press to Stop' sub-menu and selecting 'yes', It ignored my request and continued to bulk charge. It also exhibited the auto-commmit bug I describe above. I tried this three times to stop charging and the third time it stopped bulk charging.

I then repeated the full test cycle. The auto-commit action was present. This time my request to stop bulk charging worked first time.

I reverted to 3.10 and repeated the full test cycle. The auto-commit behavior I describe above is also present in 3.10. I was able to start and top bulk charging the first time as expected.

3 comments
2 |3000

Hi @John Leslie , noted thank you for reporting!
1 Like 1 Ā·

Hi again @John Leslie , we looked into this and cannot reproduce it; also looked at the code - nothing to be found yet. So it is not clear what went wrong there. For now, I'll leave it at this.

With regards to that auto-commit action: that is indeed a bit strange / counter intuitive; its something we'll improve in the next generation UI.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
John Leslie avatar image John Leslie mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·
Thanks for following up @mvader (Victron Energy) . All good, I could not reproduce it either the second test cycle.
0 Likes 0 Ā·
iammotorhomeless avatar image
iammotorhomeless answered Ā·

I was trying v3.11~2

but I was getting the "not connected" error after as little as 20 minutes

1696835448053.png

witch is a shame... as it fixed my "VRM instance number keeps changing" issue that I have with v3.10

keep up the good work

1696835448053.png (29.5 KiB)
4 comments
2 |3000

Hi @IamMotorHomeless , can we login remotely to see the details? You'll have to enable Remote Support for that (Settings -> General).

0 Likes 0 Ā·
iammotorhomeless avatar image iammotorhomeless mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

It might come to that..
I don't know if it is a self-made problem... it is happening with both 3.10 and v3.11~2

I have just added a second system, a PI with Venus OS on it, on the same network. both running node red
both talking to the same MQTT Broker.

I am using my-IP-address#1:1883 and my-IP-address#2:1883

but if I view venus.local:1883 sometimes I get the Cerbo GX and sometimes I get the PI Venus OS.

this can't be good ??

I know this is out of topic...
but I can not be the first to run two systems on one network, is it possible to rename the venus.local to venus1.local and venus2.local
Or am I just wrong and it won't be a problem, and it;s something else ?

0 Likes 0 Ā·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ iammotorhomeless commented Ā·
Hi,

Venus .local indeed doesnā€™t work if you have two GX systems in the same network. But that doesnā€™t have anything to do with a connection issue between a GX and a SmartShunt.

Good to know it also happens with v3.10; then we wont stop the planned release of v3.11 over this.

1 Like 1 Ā·
iammotorhomeless avatar image iammotorhomeless mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·
the MK3 USB to the Multiplus 48/1600 drops out at the same time as the SmartShunt

and it does drop out more often with the v3.11

0 Likes 0 Ā·
ppr avatar image
ppr answered Ā·

final v3.11 now available today? at least so far what cerbo shows me

2 |3000

Related Resources