question

basensimone avatar image
basensimone asked

Wiring when connecting smart shunt to positive terminal

For installation reasons, I want to connect the smart shunt to the positive terminal of the battery instead of the negative. Is there anything I need to change to the wiring? Or will it still be Load to A, Battery to B and red cable with fuse from positive terminal to E?

SmartShunt
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@basensimone

The shunt is not designed to work like that.

It is installed on the negative terminal only. Small Red wire to positive for power to the board.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

basensimone avatar image
basensimone answered ·

I know that the preferred way is to install the shunt on the negative terminal, but also read that installing it on the positive might be technically possible as well. However, if this turns out to be not the case, I will reorganize my wiring to enable installing it on the negative.

1 comment
2 |3000

pwfarnell avatar image pwfarnell commented ·
NO, the shunt will not work on the positive, all the electronics inside are designed for it to be on the negative and it may be damaged if connected in reverse.
1 Like 1 ·