question

edsey avatar image
edsey asked

Is my AC Input Amperage too high?

Hi folks, I'm looking for some clarification on what I'm seeing from my Cerbo GX.

I have a Victron 24 volt 5000 watt inverter that is connected to 560 ah of 24 volt lithium batteries. I also have a 10 gauge/30amp extension cord running to a Honda EU 7000 is generator connected to my AC In port of the inverter.

When I run my generator to charge my batteries it is generating over 2800 watts and about 114 amps into my batteries. My AC Input limit is set at 60 amps in the inverter. Is 114 amps too much power coming into my batteries? Is this normal?

thanks for your help!

img-5819.jpgimg-5503.jpg

charge current limitinput current
img-5819.jpg (3.2 MiB)
img-5503.jpg (3.2 MiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
jwfrary avatar image
jwfrary answered ·

You don't say what batteries your using, however your ac input current isn't the same as the current you are charging the battery with.

You also have solar adding 750 watts of charge.

Your ac input is set to 6600 Watts 110v x 60a = 6600w on your charger so your nowhere near that limit.

Stock victron chargers are set to 75% of total output.

If your using victron smart batteries and a ce. Bus BMS or lynx BMS then the dvcc settings will be already correctly managed. If not then there will be some careful setup required.

Hope that clears it up for you.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

edsey avatar image edsey commented ·

thank you jwfrary...your feedback was very helpful!

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic