question

carljgreen avatar image
carljgreen asked

How Many Pylontech Batteries Should i Get?

Hello, I have a Multiplus 24/5000/120 which currently is hooked up to a 6 x 12v (200Ah) Northstar Blue 210 lead batteries.

My (Estimated) electricity usage (annually) is 4200 kwh (@ 10-12 kwh per day)

I want to change them out for Lithium ones and am looking at the Pylontech UP2500 ones.

How many batteries should I get? (I want to reduce my reliability of the grid and reduce my energy costs and footprint)

Does anyone have any experience with these batteries and (Normal) usage on a domestic house?

I realise that I will not be totally free from the grid, but figure every little helps nowadays!

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks

Lithium BatteryPylontechstorage
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
chrichri avatar image
chrichri answered ·

Hi,

as the max current of this battery is 85Amps I would take minimum 3 Units in parallel.

If you take only two, you will be able to run the inverter max to about 3500Watts.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

carljgreen avatar image carljgreen commented ·
Thank you, I was thinking of 4?

Does that sound like it will still work to you (Charge efficiency etc).

0 Likes 0 ·
yann avatar image
yann answered ·

As said, per current you need at least 3. Then you can add more if you have enough PV available to charge

2 |3000

nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Do not size for max battery current, the continuous rating is most likely what the BMS will send to the inverter as a limit.

The current specs have a recommended discharge rating of 56A, it would be advisable to rather use this for a 24V system. 4 modules would be my preference.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Battery Compatibility

Did You Know - How to create a battery profile for non-Victron batteries?

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Victron Pylontech battery compatibility guide