question

herbcheck avatar image
herbcheck asked

Switch ACout2 relay with node-red-contrib-victron v1.5.0

Hi,

The new "node-red-contrib-victron v1.5.0" adds a custom input and output node.

Does anyone know if it is possible with the custom output node to switch the ACout2 relay directly in node-red or must one still go the route via AUX input using the relay assistants and the Cerbo relay?

Thanks

Node-REDacout
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

Directly, I don't believe so. Still have to use an assistant or virtual switch. You could however use one of the gx relays to trigger a digital input of the multi, and use an assistant to switch the ACout2 relay from the digital input. Then use node red to create flows to control ACout2 however you wish.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

herbcheck avatar image herbcheck commented ·

Hi Derrick,

Thanks - yes, that's the way how it works from what I learned in the forum here. But I was hoping that it now can be done directly after I found this description of the new node:

"...The input node allow to read from and the output node allows to write to all found dbus services and paths. This obviously comes with a risk, as not all services and paths are supposed to be written to. So only use the custom output node if you have read the documentation and know what you are doing...."

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/228708/venus-os-v31032.html

0 Likes 0 ·