question

Raoul Bocchi avatar image
Raoul Bocchi asked

Fischer Panda VE.Can Integration With The Cerbo GX No Longer Working With Venus v3.1

Hello,

Victron's Fischer Panda generator VE.Can Integration with the Cerbo GX is no longer working with Venus' new v3.1. To be clear, I mean this method of connecting the Cerbo with the generator: SAE J1939 module.

Any fixes under way @mvader (Victron Energy) ?

Thanks and best regards,

Raoul

M/V Spritz

cerbo gxVenus OSVenus OS v3.00-32
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

There is a known issue and Victron is working on it.

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/231535/venus-os-310-issue-with-missing-autostart-settings.html

Not sure if it will fix you problem.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Raoul Bocchi avatar image Raoul Bocchi commented ·
Fantastic, thank you!
0 Likes 0 ·
Martin (Victron Energy) avatar image
Martin (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi @Raoul Bocchi, can you provide more information on what is not working exactly? Does the FP no longer show up in the device list, is the overview broken or does the autostart feature no longer work? Or something else?

1 comment
2 |3000

Raoul Bocchi avatar image Raoul Bocchi commented ·
Thank you Martin!
0 Likes 0 ·
Martin (Victron Energy) avatar image
Martin (Victron Energy) answered ·

As Matthias already wrote, this is a known issue and will be fixed in the next bug fix release as written here.

2 |3000

Raoul Bocchi avatar image
Raoul Bocchi answered ·

Hello gentlemen,

thanks for the speedy answer. The FP does show up in the device and I can manually start and stop the generator from my iPhone. However, we lost all the autostart settings. So for example, we're no longer able to set the conditions that determine when the FP should turn on or off. We're also no longer seeing parameters like total engine run time, load factor, temperatures, etc. As such, I can't answer the question whether the autostart feature works or not, because I lost access to the parameters. Perhaps the system somehow "remembers" the parameters from Venus' previous OS v3.01? I'll be spending time on the boat on Wednesday and Thursday and will be happy to share my findings later in the week.

2 |3000