question

t271 avatar image
t271 asked

How can I replace a BAT CTRL connection/cable a 12V|200A BMS

I've recently inherited a Victron system for my campervan. Whilst moving some of the system, I've accidentally snapped the connector of M8 cable coming from the battery (a Smart 12.8V 200Ah LiFePO4) where it connects to the BMS (12V 200A).

What is the best way to fix/replace this cable? It looks pretty neatly soldered onto the circuit board within the battery, and I'm not sure on splicing a 3 pole cable. I see Victron do sell replacement cables, but I can't find any information on fitting. What would you recommend? I'd like to avoid replacing the entire circuit board, if only one connector is broken!

(Attached images: broken cable connector, the connection on the BMS it broke from, and the very neat soldering of the circuit board in the battery)

Thanks in advance,

Tom

broken-cable.jpegbms-connector.jpegneat-soldering.jpeg

Lithium BatteryBMS
broken-cable.jpeg (79.2 KiB)
bms-connector.jpeg (167.2 KiB)
neat-soldering.jpeg (170.1 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

Victron sells extension cables, not replacement cables. This is not considered a repairable part, though over the years I've certainly seen end-users attempting their own repairs of the cables... sometimes with success, often without.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.